Twitter status (view all)

    Eh, it's just gas

    I remember reading somewhere that, when you sleep, everything that happened since the last time you slept gets "written" in your brain for permanent storage. It's a bit more complicated than that, but that's the jist of it. When Tyler was taking a nap today, I'm pretty sure he was practicing some of the things he was seeing.

    We were at dinner. Sarah's dad, Mike, came down to do a little work on his car (why his car is at our house is a different story for a different day) today. He was also gracious enough to cook dinner for us (yummy dinner, but, again, different story for a different day). While we were all sitting there, Tyler was in his car seat - hey, I had to improvise - sleeping. He was facing Sarah, and I was sitting across the table from her. My view was of the back of the car seat.

    Well, we hear a sound from Tyler, while he was sleeping. It sounded quite like "hee hee hee hee". Sarah, naturally, looked at him. Even though it's insanely painful for her to laugh right now, she did, indeed, laugh. She said that Tyler was smiling. I've caught him a couple times, myself, smiling.

    Sarah's dad said that his mom (or grandma, I can't remember) used to say that when babies smile, they have gas or are pooping. Then we considered that most people do not smile when they're farting. Please note that I said most people. I'm fully aware that some guys (and girls, even) experience great joy while they're letting loose.

    Personally, I think he's practicing what he's been seeing. Of course I don't expect you to believe me, but it's still my opinion.

    Also of note... Tyler's right eye is developing lots of "eye boogers". We have to clean it with a warm washcloth. Earlier, he had trouble opening that eye. Hopefully it's just a clogged tear duct. Otherwise, I'm pretty sure it'd have to be conjunctivitis (pink eye). He's got his 1 week checkup on Monday, so I'll ask about it then.

    There's also a chance that he has poison ivy. Sarah and I are both in denial about it, but there are some red bumps on his chest. They don't seem to be bothering him, so we're leaving them be until Monday also.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment