Twitter status (view all)

    Oreo

    Click to view larger
    Tyler had his first Oreo cookie last week. I would prefer that he not be given "grown up" foods yet, as he's only 7 months old, but it's a type of tradition with Sarah's family. When the first tooth comes in, and baby can sit up on his own, he's ready for his first cookie. I've learned the art of "choosing your battles", so I just grabbed the camera, knowing there would be some gems in there. If you would like to browse all of the Oreo pictures, they start here. For those of you that don't want to look at picture after picture after picture, here are a couple highlights.

    The first step is to give the baby a cookie, and then get very far away.
    Click to view larger

    At first, I thought it would go relatively well. I found myself wondering why Sarah took all his clothes off, and had him in only a diaper.
    Click to view larger

    It almost looked as if he wanted to see what he looked like with a mustache.
    Click to view larger

    It was when Tyler started drooling that I started getting grossed out. He had dark brown drool flowing down his chin, neck, chest, and stomach.
    Click to view larger

    Tyler's chubby hands were equally filthy.
    Click to view larger

    Yeah, all down his chest and belly.
    Click to view larger

    Tyler seemed to thoroughly enjoy this new, sugary food.
    Click to view larger

    Sarah tried volunteering me for bathtime. I told her she was out of mind, because the Oreo fiasco was not my idea. As a last ditch attempt, she said that it wasn't hers either. I told her it was HER family's tradition, not mine. She realized I wasn't going to budge, and grabbed the filthy baby.
    Click to view larger

    Luckily for everyone involved, Tyler cleans up nicely.
    Click to view larger

    1 comment:

    Bethany Anne said...

    Too cute! I gave Ava a big piece of cake on her first birthday and let her go to town on it - she made a HUGE mess, but loved it.

    Post a Comment